(by Joy Dawson)
God’s priority plan to reach the unevangelized is the mobilization of His people in prayer. Pray with clean hearts, according to His will and His ways from His Word, in faith, energized by the Holy Spirit.
WE FOCUS FIRST ON THE CHURCH WORLDWIDE.
God has shaped history around the Church, and God expects the Church to shape the history of the world.
1. We worship and praise God for who He is, then thank Him for what He has already done in these countries. Philippians 4:6
• Thank Him for the privilege of engaging in the same wonderful ministry of intercession in which the Lord Jesus is engaged. Hebrews 7:25
• Praise Him and tell him you believe His Word about His position, power, purpose and plans for the unevangelized nations.
God’s Position in relation to the unevangelized nations:
Psalm 47:2, 8 – “How Awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth!” “God reigns over the nations: God is seated on His holy throne.”
God’s Power over the unevangelized nations:
Job 12:23 – “He makes nations great, and destroys them: He enlarges nations, and disperses them.”
Isaiah 52:10 – “The Lord will lay bare His holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.”
God’s Purposes and Plans for the unevangelized nations:
Revelation 5:9 – “…with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,”
Psalm 22:27, 28 – “All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord: and all the families of the nations shall worship before Him. For dominion belongs to the Lord, and He rules over the nations.”
Keeping our focus on God’s position, power, purpose and plans for the unevangelized nations helps us to believe “…greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world” (I John 4:4).
2. We humble ourselves before God and identify with the sins of omission in the Body of Christ in relation to the unevangelized millions.
• We say, like Daniel, “I and my people have sinned.”
• We confess our indifference, our ignorance about them generally, our lack of love, lack of concern for their lostness and bondage, and our prayerlessness. Isaiah 26:18
• We repent, if the sins are personal, and make a commitment to pray regularly.
3. We ask God to have mercy on us and His people. Habakkuk 3:2
4. We pray for God to unite the Body of Christ, as unity is the greatest factor to influence the lost to commit their lives to Christ. John 17:23
• Pray for God to convict His people of the pride and prejudice that separates them and that they will realize that without unity we will not make it. Matthew 12:25 – “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”
5. We pray that God will stir His people worldwide in relation to the unreached, and cause them to have His heart and mind toward them. II Peter 3:9
6. We ask God to raise up an army of intercessors from every nation who will pray on a regular basis, empowered by the Holy Spirit. Psalm 2:8, 9 and Ephesians 5:18
7. We ask God to raise up visionaries who will seek Him for strategies of how to reach the unevangelized. Proverbs 29:18
8. We pray that those who have received vision and are implementing it will be encouraged, heard and supported worldwide.
9. We ask God to thrust forth labourers into the harvest fields of the unevangelized nations and especially the five-fold ministries in Ephesians 4:11. Pray that they will be motivated to fulfill the conditions to be empowered by the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 5:18
10. We pray that God will call and enable His people to learn the languages of the people groups who don’t have the Bible, translate it into their languages, and get the Bible to the unevangelized. Psalm 119:130
11. We ask God to increase the spiritual effectiveness of the media ministries worldwide that are targeted to the unevangelized: Radio, T.V., audio and video cassettes, films, correspondence, literature, etc.
12. We ask God to raise up ministries that are targeted to the youth and children (Malachi 19:14, Mark 9:36). Satanic forces are targeting them.
2ND PRAYER FOCUS: THE CHURCH (IF ANY) IN THE LARGELY UNEVANGELIZED COUNTRIES
We must never presume there are no believers (Acts 14:16, 17). We pray that:
1. God will encourage, protect, strengthen and deliver His people even if there’s only a remnant. “Pray for the remnant that still survives” (2 Kings 19:4). Special focus should be on the persecuted and imprisoned. Hebrews 13:3
2. God will show them how essential biblical unity is. John 17:23, Mark 12:25
3. They will have access to the Word of God, be empowered by the Holy Spirit, walk in the fear of the Lord and multiply as they share their faith. Acts 9:31; 5:42
4. For an unprecedented outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Church. That they will be given vision to pray for it persistently in faith, be spiritually prepared, and used by God when He answers. Joel 2: 15-17, Acts 1:14
5. God will raise up righteous leaders in readiness to put them into all spheres of authority and influence in the nation (e.g., Joseph, Daniel, Mordecai, and Esther). Proverbs 28:12. Illustration: A church in a predominantly Muslim nation has received permission from government authorities to build a Christian training centre on church property. The facilities will be used to train indigenous pastors.
6. God’s people will study the Bible to understand the character and ways of God (Proverbs 2:1, 5) and live consistently with what they believe and teach. I Corinthians 4:11
7. They will be given world vision, be involved in intercession for the rest of the world, and be ready to obey the Great Commission. Isaiah 50:7, Romans 10:14-15
3RD PRAYER FOCUS: THE LOST IN THE LARGELY UNEVANGELIZED NATIONS
1. God will stir them in their spirits, motivating them to seek the higher power they already know exists. Romans 1:19,20. That God will prepare their hearts to receive the gospel when they hear it. Acts 10:33-35
2. God will give them a revelation of the Lord Jesus as the Son of God. Reports continue to flow in from many parts of the world of Muslims having revelations of the Lord Jesus as the Son of God, with subsequent conversions. Some of these are Christian missionaries today, an answer to much prayer.
3. God will bring a great spiritual awakening among the people, convicting them of their sin, motivating them to repent and to turn to God (Isaiah 64:1-3), and that millions will be converted. Believe the promise in Isaiah 61:11.
4. As they become exposed to the gospel, whether through Christian media, the Bible, or individual believers, their minds will be illuminated, their spirits pierced, and their wills motivated to act upon the truth. John 8:32
5. God will convict unrighteous leaders in positions of authority and influence of their sin and bring them to repentance. For those who persistently resist conviction, that God will overthrow them and put righteous leaders in their place. Psalm 75:6-7
6. God will open peoples’ minds to see the falseness and futility of their religions and ideologies and become aware that Christianity is the only religion that can change a person’s heart. II Corinthians 5:17
7. God will continue to prepare the unevangelized people groups with the redemptive analogies that are woven into their culture and folklore that point to the gospel, as described in Don Richardson’s Peace Child.
8. Prepare for spiritual warfare. Ask God to name the principalities that dominate the minds of the lost in the country or people groups as directed and go into spiritual warfare. Come against them in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, quoting scriptures that give our authority over the enemy, and presenting Jesus’ shed blood by which they are defeated. Ephesians 6:10-18
9. Enter into sustained fervent praise to God for His victory over satanic strongholds. Praise releases God’s power. Psalm 47: 1-3, Psalm 44:4-8
— Light is more powerful than darkness. Truth is stronger than error.
— There is more grace in God’s heart than sin in men’s hearts.
— There is more power in the Holy Spirit to convict men’s hearts of sin than the power of satanic forces to tempt them to sin.
— There is more power in one drop of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ to cleanse men’s hearts from the stain of sin, than the accumulated filth of men’s sin since Adam and Eve.